Advancing Therapies for Patients
Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI) is a global strategic research organization focusing on advancing therapies for patients. It is one of the largest clinical research programs, conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology and cardiology through affiliations with a network of more than 700 physicians in the United States and United Kingdom. Additionally, SCRI offers management, regulatory and other research support services to drug development sponsors and strategic investigator sites.
SCRI sponsors oncology clinical trials through its affiliation with clinical oncology practices. This work makes it possible for thousands of cancer patients to participate in research studies in the communities where they live.
SCRI provides research support services to oncologists, hematologists and drug development sponsors.
Scientific Leadership in Oncology
SCRI is unique because it focuses not only on serving the drug development industry and other principal investigators, but also on developing its own innovative SCRI-sponsored research. Through the careful work of our principal investigators (PIs) and hundreds of sub-investigators across the country and in London, SCRI is able to offer clinical trials to thousands of individual patients, which in some cases, has changed the standard of care for all.
- Extensive global network with hundreds of oncologist across the Unites States and in the United Kingdom.
- Affiliated sites with dedicated principal investigators, research and data management personnel.
- Thousands of patients enrolled since the program’s inception in 1993.
- Access to approximately 100,000 new patients per year.
- Successful Drug Development Program with has conducted more than 140 first-in-man trials.
- Hundreds of publications in the form of articles in peer-reviewed journals and accepted abstracts.